Login to Complete an Application or to Access Reviewing Panel
This is the home page for the ASTS Faculty Development Grant. Please visit the Grants Home Page to apply for a different grant.
Please review these eligibility, submission and other requirements carefully before submitting your application.
ASTS continues its commitment to provide qualified ASTS Members with research funding in the field of organ transplantation. It is designed to support a junior faculty member in the development of transplant research so that further funding can be obtained. This RFA is open to all proposal topics.
Amount: $50,000 per year for 2 years
Funds Support: direct research and educational costs. No salary support for applicant, and no indirects will be paid.
- ASTS Member (Regular or Candidate Member).
- Junior surgical faculty member at a UNOS approved (or Canadian equivalent) transplant center in the first 5 years of faculty appointment.
- Completed a post-residency fellowship or post-doctoral fellowship at an ASTS approved fellowship training program or foreign equivalent.
- Applicant must reside in North America.
- Awardee may not concurrently receive any other financial support for proposed research from ASTS, AST, ACS, SUS or other society granting similar support.
- A brief synopsis of your research (250 words maximum)
- Narrative: 3 page maximum plus 1 page of graphics permitted. State the reason for applying for the grant, specific objectives for the duration of the grant, and future plans and goals.
- Budget: 1 page maximum.
- Autobiography: 1 page maximum explaining your educational background, choice of career, and interest in transplantation and research.
- Department Chair Nomination Letter
- Member Sponsor Letter
- The Awardee must attend the ASTS Grant Ceremony at the American Transplant Congress (ATC) to formally accept the grant.
- An abstract must be submitted for presentation at an ATC or ASTS Winter Symposium during the grant period or within 6 months of completion.
- A mid-report to the ASTS National Office must be submitted in the spring of the first year.
- A final report to the ASTS National Office must be submitted in the spring of the last year of funding.
- 1 grant is available in 2018.
- By submitting an application, you confirm that you understand any funding received may be subjected to any relevant Sunshine Act reporting.
Once you have read the requirements and have determined you are eligible, please Click Here to Submit your Application.